Biological Science Lead
|Location:||Lorton, VA, DC|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Toeroek Associates, Inc. is a growing small business headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado that provides specialized support services to the Federal Government in multiple U.S. locations. Our Lorton, VA office has an opening for a Biological Science Lead as part of our Cooperative Threat Reduction team.|
The CTR program reduces global threats from nuclear, chemical, and biological risks in cooperating partner countries around the world. The Biological Science Lead supports US Government scientists, program directors, and collaborators in cooperation with their foreign counterparts in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa. This position may require significant international travel (up to 25% of time).
|Duties:||Job Duties and Responsibilities:|
• As the science manager for Biological Threat Reduction Integration Contracts (BTRIC), provide oversight and review for new and ongoing integration projects/contracts in your assigned partner countries.
• Collaborate with US-based Principal Investigators and other stakeholders on projects specific to your assigned country.
• Communicate clearly in writing and in meetings, including composing and editing documents, thoughtfully articulating ideas and perspectives, and being sensitive to the positions and perspectives of others on the project.
• Exercise effective science diplomacy across a broad range of personalities and priorities by winning the trust of government scientists, project collaborators, country managers, and fellow contractors.
• Facilitate the Integrated Product Team (IPT) technical reviews of proposed solutions.
• Prepare Statements of Work for solicitation of proposals.
• Review Statements of Work (SOWs) for the entire program and/or country specific work.
• Provide recommendations on technical documents (work plans, budgets, etc)
• Prepare recommendation memos and white papers for technical and other program concepts.
• Coordinate efforts with country project coordinators.
• Support government country managers and other stakeholders in meetings, correspondence, and other program documents.
• Review Cooperative Biological Research (CBR) and Threat Agent Detection and Response Activity Project (TAP) proposals
• Review monthly, quarterly, and final reports for CBR and TAP projects for technical content
• Provide technical conference support, including participant identification and invitation, vetting presenters, venue and facility selection and evaluation, abstract and poster review, logistics, and talking points for side meetings.
Master's Degree or PhD in biology, microbiology, or closely related science. Experience in microbiology, preferably in biodefense, bio toxins, or other national security related microbiology desired. Previous government consulting experience strongly preferred.
Must be US Citizen able to readily obtain DoD Secret clearance.
Toeroek Associates offers a full benefit package and competitive salaries.
Toeroek Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer Affirmative Action employer. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.